Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

If It's Rare, If It's Exclusive ..... Does it Taste Sweeter?

You know those lists of 1001 things to do before you die? Well, mine just gained a new one: go to a Laduree store in France (a luxury cakes and pastries company based in Paris) and gaze at the mouthwatering goodies until I choose just a few and walk out with a divinely packaged piece of culinary heaven.

Here's some of their fantastic store window displays. It shows their world famous macaroons and their superb packaging. Anything in boxes that pretty would taste good before you even opened the box.

One of their mouthwatering desserts.
Another dessert. Yum!
And if you stay to indulge at the store, sitting down to drink gourmet coffee and eat bakery sweets, you can eat inside here! How posh is this!?
All Laduree images from roboppy at Flickr

Now my chances of getting to France are less than 1% and horrors - it looks like they do not ship product. You can only buy AT the store. So ... on the list it goes and tonight I will dream of Laduree. And what sweet dreams they will be :)

And my bloggy friend Natalea, from Kandeland has honored me with The Angelic Angel Award!! Thank you so much Natalea! Now, I am supposed to nominate 5 bloggers that inspire me daily, but honestly ... look at my blogroll on the right ....WAY more than 5. And each and every one inspires me in art, in artistic vision, in life, in spirit, in cooking or in just the special way they view the world. So, I give this award to all of them!

27 comments:

Lori said...

oh yummy!!! it all looks delicious!!!
congrats on your award:)

Felicia said...

Wow. Beautiful :)

Heather said...

I think it highly likely that I will also dream of Laduree!! What a wonderful looking place!!

Caroline said...

Wow, now I'm drooling! What beautiful displays.

NA said...

Those look too good to eat!

Mandy said...

I would die and go to heaven if I ever had the opportunity to visit that place. I'm wiping up some drool right now, and sadly it doesn't belong to my 7 month old! ;)

Tina Leavy said...

oh my gracious..just looking at those lovelies nearly puts a pound on..i!yi!yi! talk about culinary artistry though..it looks delightful.
the angel award is so pretty too.
(posted instructions on my blog for creating faux cupcakes if interested)

roseroomnz.com said...

I would think I had died and gone to heaven, how would you choose which one to have? Guess you would just have to stay in Paris until you had sampled each confection! Rachael:)

bluemuf said...

Those pasteries look so yummy. I think I need to go to Paris.

Karen

Monica said...

It's an epidemic! I've been obsessed with that store too, and now my bubble is burst. I thought for sure I could order those macaroons online.

KV said...

Ohmygosh -- perhaps it's a good thing we all cannot go to this place!

Thanks for sharing such an interesting and delicious site.


Kathy V in NM

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Yum! What a pretty place to visit!

Gina said...

Oh I am desperately dreaming that I am inside of your pictures, or that they are inside of me, (or my tummy rather)...

DivaDea said...

Holy cow! Will you take me with you??

Mary Timme said...

Oh, it would be worth every Euro, wouldn't it? Yum! I don't even like coconut either, but the macaroons look lovely! I'll just have the napoleons instead.

Susan Tuttle said...

My, my, my -- these photos are mouthwateringly gorgeous!!

Susan

Sandy said...

Hi Heather,

I wanted to stop by and invite you to a blog event I am hosting on Thursday, March 20, 2008, An Easter Parade, in celebration of the official first day of Spring and Easter. A give away will be held in conjunction with the event. For full details, see todays blog post. I hope to see you there!

Natasha Burns said...

You've touched on a recent obsession I've had lately, trying to find out where to get these Laduree boxes (lol and the macaroons!) - I was kinda hoping they'd have a store in the US, boo hoo : (
Wonder if they ship the boxes alone!!!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

save me a seat at the cafe!!

ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress

Anonymous said...

What a lovely shop and congratulations on your sweet award.
Alexandra

Anonymous said...

Thank you, this post makes me very happy!

Constance

decadentdiamond said...

What is that third dessert? It looks like a luxury cheesecake, I hate cheesecake but that makes me want to try it!

Livy said...

So many pretty things to see here. I'm glad I found your blog.

NeereAnDear said...

I will take one of everything... I can see why you would love to go there for such tasty treats... I am right there with you!!

HUGS JO

Monica said...

Hey, thanks! I checked my e-mail and didn't get your message. Bummer. If you want, you can re-send it to mcroweshop@gmail.com. Have a great week!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh wonderfully tempting!!!!

xo
Becky

Callooh Callay said...

Unbelievably beautiful pastries. This is the second Paris entry on a blog I've been too tonight--you all are driving me crazy!