Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Friday, January 28, 2011

iTouch / iPod Cozy - It's a Cute Poptart!

I'm just about ready to start my "learning to knit" Noro scarf adventure, but thought I'd review the basics of knitting (what does a purl stitch look like again?) by working on a slightly smaller project first. I saw this darling knitted cellphone case pattern and knew it was just the perfect intro project. It's basically a stockinette rectangle that you sew up the sides. And besides .. it's a PopTart! How can you not want to make something so cute?
The pattern is for a cellphone, but I wanted to make it a bit larger to fit an iTouch / iPod. (I love making handmade birthday gifts). Feel free to check out my modifications to the pattern on my iTouch PopTart Cozy Ravelry page. I also included a few useful tips on things I learned while doing this project.
I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I know the recipient is just going to ADORE it!! I'm thinking of making a few more for next year as holiday gifts ... maybe some chocolate ones? Or white with rainbow sprinkles?

No comments: