Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Friday, March 18, 2011

New Crochet Pattern: Fire Flower Lace Earrings

I love to have fresh flowers around the house. Here is a gorgeous artistic photo of a brilliant bouquet of flowers I received from someone very thoughtful.

A big, beautiful bouquet of flowers bursting with color and scent. It inspired me to design these lacy floral crochet earrings. Think huge, gorgeous blooms like dahlias, peonies, and chrysanthemums. This pattern is really easy and definitely suitable for beginning crocheters.

Feeling creative? You can also use the pattern as a starting point and sew on little beads or pearls. Or, you can glue vintage metalwork, cabochons or cameos onto the center part to make it more steampunkish. You can find the pattern at my Etsy Store.

As always, if you don't want to purchase through Etsy, I can send you a Paypal invoice via email to pay from if you prefer. I've also started to make some of my patterns available as instant Ravelry downloads. There are 3 up there right now to see how it goes. If it goes well, I'll add the others :)

I have another earring pattern in the works, a *stunning* Victorian beaded lace design, plus a steampunk choker with a really unique backward petal design both available by May. And then ... I will be leaving crochet jewelry for a bit to enter the exciting world of crochet garment design! Should be an exciting year!

No comments: