Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

New Crochet Pattern: Empire Beaded Lace Earrings

They are finally done! My Downton Abbey inspired earrings!! These are so delicate and lacey. I love them!

The earrings are beaded crochet done with thin crochet thread. I'm advertising them as intermediate skill level, not because they are difficult but because working with small beads, a tiny hook, and skinny thread can be a bit fiddly if you are a beginner. It's better to start with a nice fat yarn and hook if you are just learning crochet.

I published an illustrated tutorial on "How to do Basic Beaded Lace" not too long ago with these very earrings already on the drawing board. So .. if you'd like to give beaded lace a try check out the tutorial :)


My favorite finished pairs were some with translucent peach beads and the other with 18K gold-plated beads (very luxe!!). Here's me trying to photograph white earrings against my pale skin. Hmmm... didn't work very well. No contrast.

Next shot .. trying to get some contrast with the white earrings against my darker hair. Better! I always like to include a shot of earrings being worn by a human being so you can get a sense of scale and how they hang.


As with all my designs, they are rigorously tested before I release them for sale. I am only human though. If you find something confusing or need help, please let me know. I can't help you if I don't know something is wrong!

No comments: