Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Friday, April 26, 2013

Creative Use For Little Scraps of Yarn

Whenever I finish a project, I always have little short lengths of yarn left over that are too small to make anything with, but that I just hate to throw away. This year, I saved all my little bits and pieces in a bag. Today the kids and I cut them up into 4-8" lengths. Then ..... we did this:
We hung up all the bits of yarn in our backyard trees as nesting materials for birds to "find" and take home with them to build their nests. My hope is that as we go about our neighborhood walks this year that we will be able to spot some of the more brightly colored yarn in local nests.

So far, the yarn seems to be a big hit with the birds! Within 10 minutes of festooning our trees and hiding back in the house by the window, there were several flocks of little birds checking it out.

1 comment:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I love to do this; it's an easy way to make happy.