Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Monday, March 26, 2007

Happy Spring!

Happy Spring To Everyone! Everything is blooming like crazy here. Daphne, tulips, pansies ... you name it. The air smells wonderfully divine, and so very ....Spring! Now if only there would be a few sunny days in a row so the ground can dry up and I can make the garden look as pretty as it smells!

I whipped up the cute little bird graphic just to celebrate the season, but it is really growing on me. I think I'm going to need to find a new role for it after being a Spring greeting! And speaking of birds, I am almost finished with these. Finished enough to photograph for the blog, at least.The one on top is still waiting for it's final Olivine crystal on the extender chain. It is maddening to be working on a project and be out of the exact thing you need, is it not? If I had needed pink or yellow or blue .. no problem, but because I wanted three green crystals, I of course only had two. Murphy's Law in action. I traveled to two bead stores this weekend, but neither one carried that color, which made it even more frustrating. (Have you ever tried taking an active, inquisitive toddler into a bead store??) So, I ended up ordering online and am waiting for it to arrive by post. I'm really, really pleased with how these turned out. I tried a gold ink wash on the moss agate necklace tile and it gave a nice, subtle effect -- like a touch of worn gilding.

Look what was in my mail this morning! Last week in the "ONE World-ONE HeART Spring Giveaway", I won this gorgeous set of vintage Easter tags in the giveaway drawing at The Decorated House. Aren't they just darling? And the perfect finishing touch for the Easter gifts I am working on!

5 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Ack! You 'whipped up' the little bird? You are very talented lady! Yeah! The toddler in the store is not something I even want to remember! Yikes!

Carrie said...

Those necklaces are adorable!!! Perfect addition to a spring wardrobe ;)

My Trendy Tykes said...

Love the lil birds! CUTE CUTE!

Linda

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Oooooooh! Thank you so much for the goodies that arrived in my mail today! The earrings and bird pin are lovely! Your work is really beautiful! I feel so lucky!

P.S. LOVE these bird necklaces!!!! :)

Jen said...

Oooo, the new bird necklaces are wonderful!