Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Swapping Fun

I'm participating in the Vintage Button Card swap over at Speckled Egg. I hadn't worked in the paper arts for a while (except for making Japanese paper earrings) and I had a really great time designing these. Thanks to Heather for hosting such a wonderful swap! Here are two of the cards complete with their buttons. I'll post the other two soon.


I also recently found out that Kaari Meng, of French General, is publishing a new book this fall ... and it's on jewelry!! I loved her first book and can't wait to order this new one. I already have it on my wish list at Amazon. I wish it was going to be out this summer, but I'll try to wait gracefully :)

10 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Your button cards are so beautiful! I love the images you chose and the buttons to go with. Thanks so much for visiting my blog...your jewelry is gorgeous ~ and I can see why everyone loved those little hair clips at the market, too, so very cute! Take care, Dawn

Anonymous said...

So clearly I don't blog enough. I would have jumped in on this swap in a heartbeat! I am a self-confessed button-a-holic! Beautiful beautiful cards!

tiffini elektra x said...

Oh I love these - beautiful! Madame de Pompadour never looked so good!

Marcia said...

Wow, these are so beautiful! Isn't this how buttons were sold once upon a time? hmmm, sounds like a good marketing idea.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Beautiful!

Linda

Jamie said...

Your button cards ROCK!!!! What a fabulous idea you came up with:) Your partner will love these. I know you think I am a horrible person for not answering your email. I swear you have been on my mind:) I will answer soon, I promise!!! Love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Oh, this book sounds wonderful! Do I DARE order another book from Amazon?? Yep..you talked me into it! It's now on pre-order!

Artifax said...

kathywas .... I couldn't find a blogaddress or email for you, so I'll write you a little note here:

I think the new French General jewelry book is going to be just DIVINE. My wish list on Amazon is overflowing with things I'd love to own if I had unlimited funds:) but this is one I definitely will be getting in the mail!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Your button cards are even more amazing in person! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

I am soooooo excited for this new book too!!!!

deb said...

So glad you posted on my giveaway. I am loving your blog!! I'm adding you to my links on my personal blog because I love yours and can check in again.