1) Spent my formative young years being raised abroad in Japan and Hong Kong. America was a completely foreign country to me when I moved here. I thought Americans were strange because every day at school the kids would stand up suddenly in eerie silence, orient to the corner of the room with military precision, and start chanting in unison. What the?? What on earth were they doing?????? After a few weeks it was explained to me that they were chanting to a flag up near the ceiling - oh yeah - like THAT made it seem any less bizarre!
Rest assured, I am quiet capable of doing the Pledge of Allegiance now :)
2) I can bake breads & desserts like a diva, but if it's not something floury & sugary from the oven.. better get take out because everything else will be both burned and soupy. My husband, a gourmet cook, always wonders how you can both burn food and have it a liquid mush. I tell him it takes a special brand of talent :)
3) Buttons, especially cool carved vintage ones, make me happy.
4) I've been to Stonehenge.
5) My New Year's Wish every year is the deepest desire that every animal in a shelter find a happy home with a loving family.
5) I fell for the S. Morgensteen plot device in the Princess Bride. If you've read the book (NOT the movie) and want to be shocked go here. (it's about halfway down the page)
6) I'm a sap for historical costume movies.
7) I am a book addict. Cheerfully addicted with no plans to reform. Before I had children I read 10-20 books a week. Now that I have children I still read, it's just Chicken Little and Winnie the Pooh now :) An adult book is a rare luxury so I try to make sure it's a great one. Anybody have a great book recommendation?
8) I built my backyard patio almost entirely by myself. Lugged 50 lb. pavers from Home Depot, dug the ground, prepared the crushed rock and sand base, laid the pavers levelly and with the proper tilt for drainage! Those stones were heavy, but what a feeling of accomplishment. Girl power!!!
9) I have a whole cupboard full of yarn for which I have no plans. Why did I buy it? It was pretty, I fell in love, it was going home with me in the car before I knew it. I love to just open the cupboard and look at all the pretty. Husband thinks I'm nuts.
10) I think being a mommy is one of the most rewarding jobs in the world :)
Now I get to tag some of you! Have fun with it!:
Gracie Belle Butterfly
Jo at NeereAnDear
Michelle at Hold Dear
Sandra at Warehouse Artchix
P.S. There's still room in my PIF for happy crafters if you are interested (see post below). You don't need to do a thing until after the holidays :)