Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Friday, November 06, 2009

Evolving at Last: Romantic Lace Crocheted Chokers

Yeah! I'm so excited to finally have the first few of these up! I've been working on my romantic crochet choker line for a long time and this is a big milestone for me as I move into crochet patterns and develop a more distinct look as an artist. I'm no stranger to crochet, been whipping up crocheted goodies for 18 years. Have always loved those super romantic eras, the Gilded Age, Art Nouveau, the Jazz Age, etc. And I've always dreamed of creating crocheted glamorous chokers. Always. In fact I have doodled sketches of them in almost every art notebook I've drawn in.

I went back and forth on designing patterns (the original idea) vs. actual product, but finally decided to produce mostly patterns with just a few pieces of each design available to purchase as a finished product. I've also decided to produce items from the patterns on demand for weddings, both for brides and bridesmaids.

First up is L'Amour, an actual lovely lace choker with ribbon tiebacks and pearl accents. So soft and lovely!! Available at Etsy.L'Amour Lace Crochet Romantic Choker

And here's Victoriana! This is the first pattern I am offering, available at Etsy as a PDF pattern emailed to you. Would make a gorgeous bridal choker! I've had this pattern tested numerous times, but I'm still a little nervous about selling my first design. Big step!! If anyone makes this, I'm always open to feedback.Victoriana Romantic Lace Crochet PDF crochet pattern

It's exciting to be evolving as an artist! Those who know me know that family medical issues have nearly derailed this artistic evolution several times , but I have persevered and am so happy to have finally reached this point :)

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Hello Sweet Heather!!! These are exquisite. They really are!! You are right, they would be perfect for a bride. I have missed you sweetie and I am sorry to hear that you had to have surgery:( Hope you are having a wonderful weekend Sweetie! Love, Jamie

Valerie said...

OMG! both the chokers are gorgeous! i esp love the l'amour! thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Gracie said...

They are so beautiful! I really love them. You are really talented with your crochet making. I wish I could crochet at all.

I think you should be proud of what you have achieved!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Truly, these are beautiful!

Heather said...

Pretty! I really like the Victorian style one.

roseroomnz.com said...

divine! Rachaelxo

Elise said...

These are absolutely lovely ! Is the pattern for the choker l'amour available online (free or for sale) ?