Musings of a Designer on Jewelry, Crochet, Crochet Patterns, Knitting, Running a Crafty Business, Movie Costumes, Books, Art, Design, Steampunk & the Geek Girl Life

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Autumn Fire

The deciduous trees here have been putting on the most GORGEOUS show. Such vivid red, orange and yellow leaves. Just love this row's fiery autumn foliage. Every year they turn this amazing hot orange color. Just beautiful!
I'm not sure of the species, but one row of trees I pass by walking my little guys to school creates distinct yellow, red, and light orange leaves .... all from the same tree!
The golden yellow ones were my inspiration to make this lacey, yet warm, autumn scarf. Here's my Ravelry project page: Golden Leaves Scarf. I ADORE this scarf pattern. It's one of my favorites. It's called the Queen Ann Lace pattern. You can see two more gorgeous examples of scarves I made using this pattern here.queen anne lace crochet lace scarf
Yes, that's me in the photo. I'm not terribly keen on being my own model since I feel I photograph poorly, but my son is a blossoming photographer and he loves helping me take pictures of my crocheted goodies. I guess when I'm 80 years old I'll look back on these and think, "Hey .. those weren't half bad!" :)

3 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Divine scarf! Nothing wrong with your photo's either! We are always so harsh and critical of ourselves! Rachaelxo

mosaicology said...

The autumn pictures are lovely, so is the scarf and the photo of the scarf of course!!:=)

Jessica said...

What a beautiful scarf! Thank you for sharing the pattern. And those are gorgeous pics of the trees!